30th Sounds of CommUNITY Concert - Nov. 15, 2020
Musical Mosaic of Hope
The late Rev. Charles T. Smith, Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church, began this concert series while he served as president of the Federation, believing music has the power to bring unity to a commUNITY. Due to COVID-19, this year’s concert was held virtually and featured diverse music from Baton Rouge congregations
- Enjoy the 2020 concert on video: "Musical Mosaic of Hope"
- Includes music from Broadmoor United Methodist Church, Congregation B’nai Israel, Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church, St. Joseph Cathedral, University Presbyterian Church, a recording of the community choir singing an excerpt from the world primiere of Waging Peace (2013) and others
- In video: the song, "Let There Be Peace on Earth" is included; copyright 1955, 1983 by Jan-Lee Music, ASCAP. all rights reserved, used by permission for 1 year
- List of participating congregations over the last 30 years
First Sounds of CommUNITY Concert - May 16, 1991
The first concert was performed at the Centroplex Theatre for the Performing Arts, Baton Rouge.
- First Concert Program
- Excerpt from first concert: watch for audio
- Video: Reflections by Everrett Parker on Rev. Charles T Smith and his vision for the concert
Highlights from the Concert Series
- 2017: 27th Annual Sounds of CommUNITY Concert at St. Aloysius Catholic Church video
- 2015: Composition Competition for Young Adults - Winner, "We Need Peace" by Ariel Pierre video
Photos from Concert Series